Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Update: February 1, 2023

I’ve been sharing these weekly updates for a month now and the response to them has been very positive and encouraging. I’m glad you’re enjoying them! 

I’m very blessed to have a wonderful mother-in-law. Her name is Connie. This week we got to spoil her with a two-day birthday celebration. Happy birthday, Miss Connie!

What an incredible week I had as a writer. I sold the film rights to my script Don’t Say Bad Things About Me to a wonderful producer at Golden Horizon Pictures who found me through InkTip. The film goes into production this year. This will be my seventh produced screenplay. More details soon!

This week I also became an executive producer of the upcoming horror film New Fears Eve starring horror icon Felissa Rose. The film is being produced by Blood Moon Pictures. I’ll definitely keep you updated on this project. 

As of this morning, I’ve also signed on to serve as a producer on five other horror film projects. More about those movies in the next couple of weeks. 

Speaking of movies! Every week I share with you the films I watch. I do so in case you’re looking for new and classic films to add to your watchlist. This week I re-watched a beautiful film called Tumbleweeds. It’s an indie film from 1999. If you missed it,  I highly recommend it. I also watched the sci-fi classic The Angry Red Planet, the Judy Garland and Gene Kelly war-themed musical For Me and My Gal, the Claudette Colbert and Clark Gable classic It Happened One Night, the film noir Murder, My Sweet, and the Disney classic Bedknobs and Broomsticks - a film I’ve loved since I was a child.

Speaking of Disney! I finished the second season of Secrets of Sulphur Springs. This is a fun time traveling show on Disney Plus. 

I’m constantly studying my craft as a writer. This week, I started a new television writing workshop with the team at Save the Cat. It’s a three week course. I’m already learning a lot!

My music artist of the week is Danielle Ponder. Her debut album is called Some of Us Are Brave and its a masterpiece. I can’t recommend it enough. 

Until next week…

Onward and upward. 

“Writing is a job, a talent, but it’s also the place to go in your head. It is the imaginary friend you drink your tea with in the afternoon.”
Ann Patchett

No comments:

Post a Comment