Friday, August 12, 2016

A Few of My Favorite Things

It's Friday! Guess what that means? A night of wild partying? Not quite. I'm a writer, remember.

If you must know, I'm spending the evening working on the first act of a new stage play. Glamorous and exciting, I know.

BUT I'm taking a little break from that to start a new tradition here on this oh-so-fun blog of mine.

Every Friday I will be listing a few of my favorite things to share with any kind soul who takes the time to read this.

On today's list...

1. Lynda Hull's incredible poetry. I've been a fan of her work for many years, since I first read the brilliant poem 'Night Waitress' (this poem is a must read), one of my personal favorites. I just recently had the chance to read her posthumous Collected Poems. The book is a sad reminder of what the literary world lost when Lynda was killed in an auto accident at the age of 40 in 1994. Her life story is just as gripping as her unforgettable poems. I highly recommend this collection to all.






2. Velvet. It's a gorgeous, super addicting, prime time soap set in the fashion world of Spain in the late 1950s. It's on Netflix. I'm beyond obsessed with this wonderful television show.
















3. Tanya Donelly's wonderful new CD collection titled Swan Song Series. I've loved her work since the days of Belly (recently reunited for a tour - yay!) and Throwing Muses. This collection is comprised of 5 previously released EP's plus seven new tracks. Every track is mesmerizing and fantastic. Each feels like a musical postcard, lifted from some poetic moment that was put to music to let it live forever.


1 comment:

  1. Love the new tradition, Oprah. Oops. Seriously? My better half and I always appreciate your recommendations. It's hard to remember just how *many* of them have become our favorites but your new tradition makes me look forward to movie night at my house. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

The Archives

Visitors