Sunday, March 3, 2013

Book Tour/Road Trip: Day 3

Santa Monica. Love.
What a wild day Friday was. After a poolside breakfast with writer, editor, and friend Jerry L. Wheeler, Edward and I headed over to a yummy place called Koffi, where I discovered a delicious drink called Vanilla Bean Supreme. To say it was one of the best thing's I've ever had is an understatement. Unfortunately, Koffi is a local business, so I'll have to wait until next year to enjoy another one.

We then headed back to the beautiful Casitas Laquita Resort where I was a member of a literary panel. Our topic of discussion was 'Other Worlds.' Our moderator, writer and editor Shelley Thrasher, assigned each of us an excerpt written by another member of the panel. We read the excerpt to those in attendance and then answered questions about the work. I read an excerpt from Belvoed Gomorrah by the brilliant Justine Saracen. Trinity Tam read an excerpt from my novel Wonderland and Nell Stark answered questions (and spoke very highly) about the novel.

By that time, my best friend Mindy and her wife Stacy had arrived from Sacramento. The four of us jumped in my car and headed to Los Angeles. First stop: the Santa Monica Pier! For any fans of my novel The Jetsetters, I stood in the very spot where the final scene of the book takes place. After some required cotton candy, discovering a wonderful singer named Clare Means who was playing accoustic guitar and singing on the pier, and taking lots of photos, we headed over to Westwood Village, where we explored the UCLA campus.

Next up was Rodeo Drive (even prettier at night) where each of us did more than enough window shopping and wishing.

We then hit Sunset Blvd and headed over to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles for an awesome dinner! Best chicken I've ever had, hands down. The waffles were to die for.

We didn't make it back to Palm Springs until after mdnight. We were exhausted, but it was well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

The Archives

Visitors