Saturday, March 17, 2012

Amelia Island, How I Love Thee

My wonderful friend Andrea Patten summed it up best when she said I've been living a "hair on fire" schedule lately. And, it's true. Life has been insane (in a good way, of course). This post (and the next few that will follow) is long overdue.








Edward and I had a terrific time at the Amelia Island Book Festival last month. This was my second consecutive year attending the festival as a featured author. There, I taught four (yes, count 'em four) writing workshops:

Word Nerds: How to Start a Successful Writing Group
Professional Eavesdropping and Other Ways to Create Dynamic Dialogue
Not Enough Hours in the Day: Finding Time to Write
You Think You Know Us?: Writing Authentic YA Fiction

I also signed copies of all three of my novels (Mesmerized was the big seller), spent quality time with Andrea and her husband Larry (and their adorable dogs), met Paula McLain (who signed my copy of The Paris Wife), ate way too much (the food at Pablo's Mexican Restaurant Grill and Cantina was worth the trip alone), and enjoyed every moment I spent gazing at the beach.




I have to give a huge shout out to Han and TJ at the Amelia Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast (our wonderful hosts for the weekend). It's a charming place to stay with a to-die-for ocean view, delicious food (they spoiled us each morning with a homecooked breakfast), and a down home feel that you don't experience elsewhere.

Once our time in Amelia Island came to an end, Edward and I decided to make an impromptu visit to Savannah (his first visit there). After a boat tour, a trolley tour, and a delicious dinner, we headed home - already looking forward to our next trip to Amelia Island - one of our favorite places.

1 comment:

  1. Any time with you and Edward is "quality time." Hurry back!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

The Archives

Visitors