Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"Where in the Hell Have You Been?"

No....I haven't gone missing or been abducted or ran away to Belgium (at least not yet). Here is a long, and very overdue, update from my part of the universe to let you know what craziness I've been up to lately.



First and foremost...I met a very special someone named Edward Ortiz awhile ago. He and I are now happily living together in Hampton, Georgia. I am teaching English, speech and theatre full time at a local college. Edward is in the social work field and is also a writer (primarily non fiction and poetry).

I am thrilled to announce that my all-female play Sky Lines will (finally) be receiving a world premiere at the off-Broadway theatre The Producer's Club in NYC. The show opens in October and will be directed by Margaret Champagne and is being produced by Tony White. More details soon!

My first young adult novel, Mesmerized, will be released in paperback on November 16. Yay! Help us get the word out! You can read about the novel here!

My second novel - a literary suspense novel titled Accidents Never Happen - will be released in paperback in 2011. It's taken me seven very long years to finish and find the right publishing home for this particular novel, so I am very excited to get this book in your hands next year. Here's a sneak peek at the hot cover!



I am currently working on my third novel - a young adult novel titled Swimming to Chicago. Expect this book to be available in late 2011 or early 2012.

My novels are published by Bold Strokes Books. Please send lots of your support their way.

I will be a featured author/poet at the Decatur Book Festival and I am honored to be reading with some incredible writers. If you live in the Atlanta area, come out and have an awesome time!

JAC Publishing & Promotions have acquired the publishing rights to my stage plays Bracelets and Boyfriends, Don't Mention It, and Sloe Gin Fizz. Visit them on the web. While you are there, order a copy of my plays Clean and Pensacola.

Heuer Publishing recently acquired the publishing rights to my stage play Somebody's Baby.

Production Scripts are now handling the publishing and licensing rights (in the U.S., U.K. and Europe - woo hoo!) for my plays Baby in the Basement, Hour Glass, Just Before the Drop, Taking Off, and Threnody.

My poem Joyriding with Soul Singers appeared in a recent issue of the literary journal Tattoo Highway.

I was interviewed a few months ago on the Capital Public Radio show Insight. You can listen to the interview here.

Also, I was interviewed a few months ago by Marcus Crowder of The Sacramento Bee. You can read the article here.

And....after a long 16-year wait...I finally got to see Courtney Love perform live in concert...and it was definitely worth the wait!



Be good to yourselves and to each other.

xoxo DMB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

The Archives

Visitors